Mobill Scandinavia AB is a private equity-backed software and services company within M-Commerce (mobile commerce), headquartered in Malmö, Sweden.
Current owners include the founders, Tipal Invest AB, Asonia Invest AB and a number of private investors.
Key corporate officers include:
- Tommy Larsson (Chairman) is the CEO of AB Rörläggaren a privately owned engineering company strategically situated in Malmö. Tommy has more than 30 years of management experience, is an entrepreneur and the architect behind AB Rörläggarens fast growth rate.
- Joakim Niléhn (CEO) is a strategically oriented senior general manager with extensive international experience and a proven track record in fast moving complex developments within the high tech, software and telecoms space. Joakim previously held senior key positions within Telia, Ericsson, Symbian and Philips. Joakim holds a Bachelor of Science in International Business & Marketing from Växjö/Lund University and an Executive Master of Business Administration from Uppsala University/Kellogg Business School, Chicago.
- Jörgen Olsson (CTO) has a broad background in the mobile communication industry including software development, telecom technologies and related high tech businesses. Prior to joining Mobill, Jörgen held senior positions within AU-Systems, Teleca and Ericsson. Jörgen holds Master of Science in Electrical Engineering from Lund University (LTH).
- Tord Wingren (Senior Advisor) has over 25 years’ experience as a senior executive in the mobile communication industry, notably in wireless system solutions and consumer electronics. Prior to joining the Mobill board Tord held several senior management positions within Ericsson & Samsung and is a co-founder of Digital Imaging Systems and Nanoradio AB. Tord holds a Master of Science in Electrical Engineering from Lund University (LTH) and an Executive Management Education from Columbia Business School, New York.
Mobill was founded in 2005 and its first application was mobile payment for parking. Since then Mobill has successfully applied its M-Commerce expertise to a variety of additional applications such as tickets for public transport, vending machine solutions and point-of-sale environments by developing applications and services which enable Mobill’s clients to rapidly implement true mobile payment services.
Mobill’s technology includes the Mobill Service Platform and Mcode tickets and coupons, which can be sent using SMS or Internet and scanned and validated from the mobile phone screen at the point of redemption.
Mobill’s vision and business idea is based on realizing the promise of M-Commerce, meaning:
- A consumer can use a single mobile device to complete an end-to-end transaction.
- Services are available to all, both using the latest smartphone technology and by leveraging ubiquitous mobile phone features such as text messaging.
The Mobill business model is based on:
- Providing turnkey solutions for M-Commerce, where revenue is derived from royalty and transactional payments.
- Providing managed service solutions, where Mobill operates applications on behalf of clients in exchange for management and transactional payments.
M-Ticket is already widely adopted by public transport companies in Scandinavia to enable passengers to buy electronic tickets with their mobile phones and Mobill’s applications and services are also used at many locations for payment, by mobile phone, of goods and fees for public parking spaces.
Mobill is now rapidly expanding from its original base in Scandinavia, working with partners throughout the world, targeting system suppliers, system integrators and media/telecom. This, combined with an agile approach to existing customer base and further business development towards consumers in order to stimulate “market pull”, will further grow the market for Mobill’s products and solutions.